In Module 01 – you will explore content management systems (CMS), assess web development tools, and evaluate options to meet website goals. You will learn how to set up hosting for their website and register a domain. An overview of the WordPress framework will be introduced in a demo of the admin dashboard.
- Categorize web development technology by development method.
- Define HTML and CSS and articulate how they work together.
- Define content management system (CMS) in simple terms.
- Identify the best tools based on budget and site goals.
- Describe the process of securing web hosting and register a domain.
- Identify the process of the Landing Page in a customer funnel.
To be a successful marketer, it’s important to understand the basics of web development and add some technical skills to your toolkit. There is a lot to cover in this condensed format, so tutorials, Google, and asynchronous learning will be your best friend as you move through this course.
Here are some references and tools that will help you in this class.
- Textbook: HTML & CSS: Design and Build Websites by Jon Duckett
Please refer to page 57 of your study guide to find helpful resources for this Web Development for Marketers course.
- HTML & CSS by Jon Duckett
- Intro: Pages 3–10
- Case Study: Jill’s Table
LANDING PAGE ASSIGNMENT
A landing page offers a prospective customer a resource, such as an ebook or webinar signup, in exchange for their basic contact information. The goal of these pages is to generate leads while you pull prospects further into the customer funnel.
Rather than serving as a basic advertisement that shows a customer a product, a landing page aims to engage and delight a customer by offering them something that relates to the product or the company’s industry. When they fill out the form and receive a reward for interesting content, they might be even more likely to trust your brand and become a customer.
To meet the goals in Case Study: Jill’s Table, you will create a landing page using our partner tools on HubSpot to funnel new subscriber leads to the website newsletter.
The landing page should include the following:
- One HubSpot template page
- Offer description
- Two paragraphs of compelling content
- One or two high-quality images
- Clear call to action
- Form to collect name and email
- Button to subscribe
Please note: The landing page is due on Module 03.
Click next to view the assignment directions >